If you currently serve as an endorsed chaplain or chaplain candidate, this section is to help you. We have listed here information that you need to navigate policies, and guidance. Also listed here are resources and report forms that will help you and your ministry.
CHAPLAIN TRAINING AND CREDENTIALING EVENTS
Currently serving chaplains, regardless of status, are required to attend a credentialing event at least once every three years, unless prevented by mission requirements. All currently serving chaplains will be supported in the maintenance of their professional credentials and ecclesiastical standing through attendance and participation in these mandatory events.
The 2024 Chaplain Training and Credentialing event will be held in two locations –
West Coast – Calvin Crest Conferences outside Oakhurst, CA – June 24 – 28
East Coast – Montreat Conference Center in Montreat NC – August 5 – 9
2023 Credentialing Training:
Our presenter this summer is the Rev. Dr. Lisa Hansen. Lisa is a retired Air Force Chaplain who now serves as a Pastor in Pasadena, CA. She is an expert in organizational change in leadership, she advises religious organizations on transition and change. She holds an EdD, DMin, MS, ThM, and MDiv. I am grateful and very much appreciate Lisa’s flexibility and willingness to share with us the following training topic:
“Ministry in Transition: Understanding and Thriving in a Dynamic Ministry Context”
This year, our training addresses how societal transitions have impacted the human, social, and religious dynamics at work within our respective VA, FBOP, and military communities. This workshop will help you address the impact of these dynamics on you and your ministry by looking at how understanding self and environment can help you as a religious leader. You will have the opportunity to develop tools to gain insight and understanding that will aid you in addressing these dynamics and creating strategies that will bring meaning and purpose to the work God has called you to do.
The 2023 Chaplain Training and Credentialing event will be held in two locations –
West Coast – Calvin Crest Conferences outside Oakhurst, CA – June 26-30
East Coast – Montreat Conference Center in Montreat NC – August 7-11
Montreat Conference Center Information:
Instructions and information on registration Click Here
Montreat registration is now open. Click Here To Register
Montreat Conference Center, Chaplain Credentialing and Training Event 2023 MOI Click Here
Calvin Crest Information:
Calvin Crest registration is now open.
- Create a login for yourself/family here: Click here: Calvin Crest Register Online *Note: If you have come to Calvin Crest before only with PFC, you will need to create a new account. If you have come to a Calvin Crest hosted summer program before and have account info, you can use that to login. If you have any questions about whether you have an active account with us, feel free to call our office at 559-772-4040.
- Add each member of your family that will be coming with you as a “camper” (this includes spouses)
- Enroll each member of your family– this will be done one at a time. You will go through the whole process, including checkout and payment for one person, then do this same process for each member of your family. Beginning with yourself, click the “Enroll for 2023” button, then select the option “Presbyterian Federal Chaplains Family Camp: June 26-30, 2023” and your age, then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click “Save and Continue”
- For each person, you will complete the application questions. Just once per family, you will choose which lodging option you would like and if you’ll be joining us on Sunday (5 nights) or Monday (4 nights). PFC’s primary lodging is the Cedar Lodge. Note: we hope you’ll join us for Calvin Crest’s full Family Camp programming which begins on Sunday! Note that if you choose to join us on Sunday, the difference in cost between the 4 night and 5 night rates will not be covered by PFC since PFC’s program begins on Monday.
- Next, complete the Medical Forms for the individual you are registering, then check out.
- Check Out: Please select “Deposit Only” for yourself and pay the $100 deposit to secure your family’s spot. For each other adult family member, you can select the “Mail Check” Option, which will allow you to finish their registration without paying additional deposit amounts. Final payments will be due upon arrival at Calvin Crest. If you have any questions or need assistance throughout the process, don’t hesitate to reach out to our office at 559-772-4040
- Calvin Crest Memorandum of Instruction (MOI), Chaplain Credentialing and Training Event 2023 (Click here)
- Calvin Crest Additional Information: (Click Here)
Post 2021 Training and Credentialing Resources:
The 2021 Training and Credentialing Event is now complete. People were able to participate either in person or virtually via Zoom.
Videos Available – If you were not able to attend you may view the videos of the devotionals and training at our Group page on Facebook – Presbyterian Federal Chaplaincies.
Join our group – if you have not joined our Facebook group please do so. Search Presbyterian Federal Chaplaincies and you should be welcomed as a member. If not, ask to join and we will approve. We hope this group will be useful now and into the future.
CHAPLAIN RESOURCES AND TRAINING
1/27/21 Chaplains All Access January 2021 Meeting Slides Click here
April 30, 2020: With gratitude to the presenters listed below, the previously recorded presentation “MORAL RESILIENCE IN MEDICAL WORKERS DURING COVID-19″ Webinar Training is offered via the following link:
Download PDF Webinar Outline and Resources Handout: https://presfedchap.org/moral-resilience-webinar-april-17-2020/
Webinar Overview: Moral injury is happening all around us as COVID-19 ravages lives all across the nation. Our medical teams are especially at risk. We are here to help, in real time, by providing information about what kinds of things put people at risk, how to maintain moral resilience in the crisis, and what can be done in the aftermath to help people process their experiences. Participants in this online discussion will receive information in a “tool kit” for coping in the midst of the pandemic and after.
Dr. Rita Brock
Senior Vice President and Director of the Shay Moral Injury Center
at Volunteers of America
Dr. Cynda Hylton Rushton
Anne and George L. Bunting Professor of Clinical Ethics in
the Johns Hopkins Berman Institute of Bioethics and the
School of Nursing
Moderated by Rev. Dr. Al Boyce
Chaplain, Volunteers of America Northern New England
April 14, 2020: “Crisis Support in the Midst of a Pandemic” PRESENTED BY: South Carolina Law Enforcement Assistance Program
Please click on the link to begin training: http://pccmp.org/final-for-review-version-2/
UKIRK COLLEGE MINISTRIES SUPPORTED BY THE PCUSA
OTHER USEFUL INFORMATION AND RESOURCES
Note: Posting of these websites in no way constitutes an endorsement by the Presbyterian Federal Chaplaincy of their content or a guarantee of their usefulness.